The Official dA Game Development Contest - Create a Game Level! - Ends today, Get your Entrys In!
Yes the contest is has been Extended! to the 20th March 2012, this will give you more time to create your levels, so you need to make sure you have read all the rules, before you submit your entry, if you have already submitted you entry, make sure you read them again or you entry could get denied, as the rules have changed some what since the first post!
Good luck to every one, thanks!
make sure you read every thing before submitting!
Hi, and I'm happy to announce An Official deviantArt Game Development Contest!, this is my first contest run as the Game Dev CV. The contest is all about making or creating a game level, also we have some awesome prizes up for grabs!
This contest is for everyone, anyone who already experienced with game level creation and for people who want to get into game level creation!
So basicly the contest is about designing/creating a game level, the game level can be in 2D or 3D. It don't have to be playable, but playable would be great! so the contest will run for 2 months! if your new to game level creation, there are many free game engines you can use like UDK Editer (Unreal Development kit) or the Cry engine, or if you want to do a 2D game level you can use Flash, Gimp or photoshop. it can be any style of level you want it to be, e.g. side scrolling or a full 3D level, all I ask is it goes within the theme!
1st place Prizes
12 month Premium Member subscription
1500 dA points
dA Addict Pack - [link]
2nd place Prizes
6 month Premium Member subscription
1000 dA points
Fella Plushy - [link]
3rd place Prizes
3 month Premium Member subscription
500 dA points
Series 1 Emoticon Stress Balls - [link]
- Your level must have 50% of the content created or edited by you!
- You must state the content that is not yours! (e.g. a reference list)
- You must meet Submission requirements!
- The level must be created within the date the contest was set
- Your deviation description must have a link back to this contest journal/blog
- Only 1 entry per Deviant
- Must go within the contest theme.
- Your entry must be uploaded in the time and date that the contest has been set.
- Must be suitable for family viewing and so please no porn or need for the mature tag.
Theme: Parallel Universe!
The start date: 20th December 2011
The entry end date: 20th March 2012 11.30pm GMT
The Public Voting Date: 21th - 26th March 2012
The Panel judging day: 27th - 29th March 2012
The Results Day: 31st March 2012
How to Enter the contest
- At lest 3 renders/screen-shots of your level
- A fly-through of your level, (A video) (if you have submitted the video on an external site e.g. youtube, you must include the link in your description)
- A Reference list, A list of the content that you used in your level that is not yours, or was pre-made before the contest!
- You must submit your entry to me via note as well as submit it in the contest folder!
- You must submit your entry in the official contest category: Contests > 2011 > Create a Game level! before the 20th of March!
Note entry here! - [link]
Submit entry here! - [link]
Official Entry folder - [link]
if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, if I have missed any information please let me know!
What software am I allowed to use? - you can use any 3D or 2D software to create your level!
Do I have to put my level in a game engine or make it playable? - No, but it would be epic to see/play!
Define what you mean by parallel universe? - Parallel Universe is what ever you want it to be or what you think it is or means, I wanted to keep the theme open, to give you guys more creative freedom!
Can the level be part of already existing franchise - i.e. map from Halo2 deathmach - Yes, it can pre-exist but 50% of the content must be created or edited by you, but you must state the content that is not yours! (e.g. a reference list)
Could I use a base scene I have and extend it to a full level or only new stuff? - Yes, As long as 50% of the level is new and made for the contest, but you must state the parts that are pre-made before the contest!
Do we have to make a Video even if our level is 2D? No you don't but I must be able to see all of your level, so you could just do a fly thought animation instead.